Diabetes increases the risk of other health problems. It is not the case that these complications will appear immediately after the onset of diabetes.
But if the blood sugar level is always high, it can lead to various health complications. For example,
- Heart disease
- Brain stroke
- One of the problems associated with this condition is complications in leg blood circulation, which can lead to sores, wounds, and infections. For example, sores, wounds, and infections
- Vision loss and blindness are significant health conditions that can have a profound impact on a person’s quality of life.
- Nerve problems. For example, pain and paralysis
- Kidney disease
- Gum disease
The best way to reduce these risks is to keep your blood sugar under control and have regular checkups with a diabetes specialist.
Healthcare providers should measure blood cholesterol and blood pressure at least once a year.
If you have a smoking habit, take steps to quit. Smoking greatly increases the risk of various heart diseases, including heart attack. This risk increases further if you have diabetes.
Watch our video to learn how to quit smoking.
Diabetes can cause nerve damage. Doctors refer to this condition as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. Nerve problems can cause a variety of symptoms. For example,
- Paralysis or numbness in different parts of the body
- Pins and needles sensation
- Shimmer or flicker
- Sexual problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
If any such symptoms occur, it is important to contact a doctor promptly. Timely treatment can prevent serious nerve damage.
Diabetes can reduce the blood supply to the legs. This can cause the legs to feel paralyzed or numb. As a result, an injury to the leg can cause improper sensation. In addition, wounds do not heal easily. As a result, problems such as foot ulcers or infections may occur.
It is important to note some very common points in foot care. For example,
- Always keep your feet clean and dry to prevent infection.
- Avoid going out with bare feet to avoid cuts.
Wearing shoes that fit properly (not too tight or too loose, but not too tight) to avoid injury
- Every day before going to sleep, it is important to notice if there is any change in the feet. A doctor should be contacted immediately if any of the following symptoms occur:
- Cut off
- Sores or wounds
- Broken leg
- Tingling or tingling in the legs, or a tingling sensation
- Numbness in the feet and fingers
Apart from this, you should visit the doctor at least once a year and check your feet.
Diabetes can damage the blood vessels in the eye. This can lead to a type of vision problem called diabetic retinopathy and even blindness if not treated on time. So it is necessary to check the blood vessels of the eyes every year to see if they are normal or not.
The annual eye examination of diabetic patients is called screening. This test is different from the usual eye tests. Screening can detect eye problems before they cause damage to vision.
Eye problems caused by diabetes are preventable and reversible. Therefore, it is very important for diabetic patients to have their eyes checked regularly.
If you notice any abnormal changes in your eyesight, including the following three problems, you should immediately consult a doctor:
- Blurred vision in the eyes (especially at night).
- Small objects of various shapes seem to be floating in front of the eyes.
- Increased eye sensitivity to light
Care of the mouth and gums
If the blood sugar level is high, the chances of various gum diseases and infections increase. So it is important to take care of the face.
Some rules should be followed to keep the mouth and gums healthy. For example-
- Brush your teeth twice a day to keep them clean.
- If you use dentures, clean them regularly.
- See the dentist regularly.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking reduces the immune system in the body. As a result, gum infections do not heal easily.
Consult a dentist without delay if you experience any oral problems with the following:
- Pain in the mouth, teeth, or gums
- Swollen gums
- Bad breath
Most Important Post For You
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Most Important Post For You Spot, treat, and prevent cannabis nutrient deficiencies. Your guide to cultivating healthy and thriving plants. Cannabis
Explore the link between Do Statins Increase Risk of Diabetes. Uncover facts and insights to make informed decisions about your health. Do Statins Increase Risk
Discover rapid how to relieve indigestion fast with effective strategies. Quick solutions for comfort and digestive ease. Most people suffer from indigestion at one time
I Want to Lose Weight Fast journey. Discover effective strategies and tips to achieve your goals. Start your transformation today! Once the weight starts to
Discover insights on How to Get Over Food Poisoning Quickly Reddit. Proven tips for a swift recovery. Join the conversation for quick relief! How to
Discover effective strategies on how to reduce diabetes through lifestyle changes. Empower yourself for better health and well-being. Today is ‘World Diabetes Day’. The theme
Delve into the world of sugar and sweets. Discover mindful choices for a balanced indulgence. Sweeten life with healthier alternatives. The body stores more sugar
Explore the critical link between diabetes and oral health. Learn proactive strategies for a healthier smile and overall well-being. A diabetic patient should take care
What is the 20-20-20 rule for eyes? Breaks for visual rejuvenation. Tips to combat eye strain and nurture eye health. Day by day, the dependence
Diarrhea and Vomiting at the same time? Dive into causes and effective relief measures for a prompt recovery. Your guide to feeling better. The same
Does tea cause gastric problems. Learn how to foster a harmonious relationship between tea and your stomach. For most people, this problem is not serious.
Find comfort amidst How to Help Stomach Pain from Antibiotics. Discover effective strategies for relief and a smoother recovery. But don’t try to diagnose yourself.